Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Restore


He leads me beside quiet waters.  He restores my soul.
Psalm 23:2, 3


Some days are crazy, hectic, full of activity and pouring out.  It's easy to get overwhelmed with the list of things to do, and every thing seems urgent.  Before long, I am running on empty, stressed out, spent.


God intervenes in His quiet way, drawing my attention to Him with a random word, a glimpse of beauty or through the restless longing of my heart desperate for peace.


There, in the deep places of my spirit, our eyes meet and I know.  


I know that I am loved.  
I know that I can trust Him.
I know that He is taking care of me.
I know that He is for me.
My heart relaxes and begins to rest in His.

 
He restores my soul.




In peace,



2 comments:

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Love this! I love it that my God knows me and knows what I need when I need it...I love it that he restores my soul...

Ellie said...

I often walk to a place that looks like that when I can if I need a day to reflect.