Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dreams



It's been too long since I wrote anything. :-/


At the beginning of 2012, I asked God for a word to describe the theme of this year.  His answer, "Yes".  This is the year of Yes -- yes to dreams, yes to new adventures, new ways of thinking, new activities, new friendships.  The year is almost half over and already I have seen so many exciting things happening.


In March, I took my kids to Nicaragua with a medical mission team from our church.  It has been a lifelong dream of mine to make missions trips, and to bring my kids.  I was thrilled to be finally doing this.  It was an incredible experience!  I loved seeing their reactions to a different culture, language, food, people.  Their sense of adventure kicked in and they didn't even miss being cut off from technology as they explored the beautiful mountain surroundings, played ping pong with some Japanese med students on our team, rode on top of the dilapidated bus up rough mountain roads to the villages, played soccer with village kids, marveled at chickens roosting in the outdoor latrine, tried new foods and helped out the team in dozens of ways.  The trip was a blessing and answer to prayer.  I may have to do it again.


Another dream is to run/walk a half marathon.  I've never been much of a runner.  But my vision of myself has been changing.  There is something about stepping out to do what you've always believed impossible that opens up your mind to new ways of thinking.   My plan is to train and prepare for a half marathon in October.  Scary, but I'm doing it. :)


This summer holds the potential for new opportunities.  I'm excited to see God open doors.  


"You are most dangerous when you have nothing to lose!" - The Ultimate Comeback




So I'm dreaming big and asking God for the moon -- got nothing to lose!




No comments: