Friday, April 17, 2009

Tires

The other day I was driving with my kids to a friend's house for dinner. I started to hear a slapping noise and the car was acting weird. I realized I had a flat tire. Dang! So I slowed down and pulled into the nearest parking lot which just happened to belong to a Goodyear store. Imagine that!

So we limped to the curb and my kids and I hopped out to ask for help. The young man at the counter grinned while I sheepishly told him my dilemma. Sure, he'd be happy to help!

I followed him outside while he examined the damage. Turns out my tires are all pretty pathetic and need replaced. Who knew? But he was able to patch my worn flat one and didn't charge me a dime. I was thrilled and deeply grateful.

The kids and I piled back in the car and were on our way. Ever since then I've been praying God's blessings on Carlos, my Goodyear angel in disguise. If you're ever in Deland, FL in need of tire service, I recommend Carlos at the Goodyear on Spring Garden Avenue. Tell him I sent you.

"The LORD will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame." Isaiah 58:11

1 comment:

Ana Degenaar said...

Dear fellow mom,

My name is Ana and I recently created a blog for missionary and everyday moms called EVERYDAY M.MOMS, I would appreciate if you could come and visit us sometime.

Here's our link http://everydaymmoms.blogspot.com/

Happy weekend,

Ana~