Thursday, April 30, 2009

Eyore

I'm having an Eyore Day. You know, the kind where you just feel gloomy and low about everything. I'm sure it's a combination of disappointment, worry, fatigue and hormones (sorry, guys!).

Don't bother trying to cheer me up. I'm going to embrace my Eyore-ness to the fullest. Just plain revel in the dismal landscape of my life. Be as pessimistic as I can be.

No, don't quote those verses on joy at me. You'll be wasting your time. If there are any Bible passages to be quoted, let them be from the book of Job. Things like, "My days have passed, my plans are shattered, and so are the desires of my heart." Or "Turn away from me so I can have a moment's joy before I go to the place of no return, to the land of gloom and deep shadow, to the land of deepest night."


(excuse me while I get a box of tissues)

Where was I? Oh, yes -- gloom and deep shadow. Or how about quoting from Ecclesiastes? "Everything is meaningless!" Yeah, what's the point?!

Okay, this is getting boring. I think I'm ready to move on. See, that's the beauty of jumping into an Eyore Day with both feet. Before long, you start bouncing back up again like Tigger. :) I feel that irrepressible bubble of joy moving upward inside of me.

It's hard to stay discouraged when the Holy Spirit is so set on lifting my head and encouraging my heart.

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God. " Psalm 42:5

2 comments:

Melissa G said...

So glad you're bouncing back up in the joy of the Lord!

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

You are so hilarious. :) But I think you are right...feel it and then move on...love you!