Sunday, November 15, 2009

Free

My mom called with an update on Ana Maria, the 11-year-old Colombian Cinderella.

There's good news. Ana Maria was able to escape from her cruel step-mother and neglectful father and ran away to one of her schoolteachers. The teacher, fearing kidnapping charges, would not let her stay. However, she took Ana Maria to the Colombian child services agency where she has been placed in temporary foster care and her situation is being reviewed.

Thank you all for praying for this little girl. God is watching over her. My mom asked for continued prayer that the judge would rule to keep Ana Maria away from her abusive family and placed in a loving home.

"I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me. He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me; God sends his love and his faithfulness.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth."
Psalm 57:2,3,11


1 comment:

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

I have been thinking of her and am so glad to hear the good news. I will pray for a good resolution to her situation!