Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pondering

This morning God came near.

Sometimes you hear ancient, well-known truth like it's for the first time.

"...the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:45

"... I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Gal 2:20.

The nature of love, the nature of God is to give.

Jesus gave Himself for me. Jesus gives Himself. He does not take, He gives.
What does that mean?
What does that look like?
Not just on that cross, laying down His life, but now. He gives Himself in intimacy.

I cannot understand this being in relationship with someone who keeps on giving himself -- not sparingly, not hiding, not self-protecting, not withholding love and intimacy when I don't meet expectations. But always giving himself freely to me.

The more I think on this amazing truth, the more I realize how much it is outside my experience. But imagine what it would mean to live daily in the reality of this truth!

Something worth pondering.


2 comments:

Elyse said...

what beautiful thoughts and truths! It IS amazing, the intimacy and love he offers us. what a gift!!!

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

That is an amazing thought...will dwell on this today! Like the snow, btw...