Monday, December 21, 2009

Sacred Ordinary

He who entered the chaos, dirt and sweat of common humanity and became Emmanuel, God with us,

still enters in to my common human existence with the gift of His Presence and makes the ordinary something sacred.

Thanking Him for these gifts
  • an unhurried morning with no school preparations (I'm loving Christmas break!)
  • seeing my kids unwind, relax and play
  • clean dishes and clean laundry
  • sipping coffee and looking at our Christmas tree
  • vanilla sugar body lotion
  • one secret, longed-for dream made real
  • the smell of brand new books
  • the joy and excitement of giving
  • watching a friend teach my son to use power tools
  • a new garden taking shape
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us." John 1:14


2 comments:

Ellie said...

Loving the purple - my all time favorite color. Also vanilla sugar body lotion! mmmmmm.

Elyse said...

love your list this week! wish i was sharing a cup of coffee with you!