Monday, January 25, 2010

Knowing















(View from a hammock, Saturday.)


 "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom,
or the strong man boast of his strength,
or the rich man boast of his riches,
but let him who boasts
boast about this:
that he understands and knows me,
that I am the LORD,
who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight," declares the LORD.  Isaiah 9:23,24


Knowing Him through these gifts

135.  waking to the sound of rain
136.  reconnecting with friends
137.  memories of His faithfulness
138.  the feel of soft earth between my fingers
139.  a garden newly planted
140.  swinging under the trees in a hammock with my kids
141.  giggles and laughter
142.  feeling His presence with me
143.  belonging
144.  words of encouragement


May He encourage you with His kindness today.








holy experience

3 comments:

Ellie said...

It is like totally unfair to be talking about a hammock right now while it is dreary, raining here.

Love the new look on the blog!

The Guthries said...

Angela tag you are "it" :0)
I have come over here from Coffee Girl, I enjoyed reading your gratitude list. I too recollect gratitude on my blog as well, I particularly liked:
144. words of encouragement
Please feel encouraged today.
God Bless,
Carin

Kelly Sauer said...

I love that photo. WHERE do you live? It looks like where I live!