Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tagged

My friend, Karen, at Green Onions tagged me with this lengthy list of questions that I'm sure ya'll are dying to know about me. So I won't keep you in suspense any longer. Here goes. . .

1.What is your current obsession? I'm too laid back to be obsessive. But I'm fascinated by people and love getting to know them.

2. What are you wearing today?
 Clothes. (smile -- couldn't resist!) Specifically, jeans, sweatshirt, socks.

3. What’s for dinner? maybe nachos or hotdogs -- kids choice tonight

4. What’s the last thing you bought? Groceries

5. What are you listening to right now? My high energy playlist of Group 1 Crew, Toby Mac, Black Eyed Peas, Superchick, Family Force 5, Shakira, U2.

6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
 I think she's awesome and fun to be with. :)

7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
 Some tropical, mountainous region close to a beach (without mosquitoes).

8. What are your must-have pieces for summer? flip-flops, swimsuit, beach towel, sunscreen.

9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Way up North to visit my friend, Ellie, and play in the snow. (only for an hour before I start freezing! Then we could go inside.)

10. Which language do you want to learn?
 Italian, Romanian, French, Portuguese and Spanish more fluently

11. What’s your favorite quote? I have lots of favorites. One that springs to mind is "God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame" - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

12. Who do you want to meet right now? Billy Coffey. Or Katie (with Amazima) in Uganda.

13. What is your favorite color?
 Blue

14. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?
 My Tinkerbell dress (as my daughter calls it).

15. What is your dream job?
 vision coach

16. What’s your favorite magazine? Discipleship Journal

17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
 I'd give it to some women in Africa to feed their families. They could use it more than me.

18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
 I'm a little fashion-challenged so I probably make my own share of fashion faux pas.

19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?
 See above. What do I know about style icons?

20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?
 Whatever looks good and is low-maintenance.

21. What are you going to do after this?
 Read, think, pray, take down the Christmas tree, sit by the fire with some hot cocoa, play with my kids.

22. What are your favorite movies?
 Lord of the Rings, Narnia movies, Princess Bride, old black and white classics (especially with Cary Grant), Slumdog Millionaire, Julie/Julia, Last of the Mohicans, Master and Commander, almost anything with Jackie Chan, Pride and Prejudice -- I could go on but won't.

23. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?
 foundation, mascara, lipstick

24. What inspires you?
 People who love Jesus passionately and who are wholeheartedly living out their God-given dreams and purpose.

25. Give us three styling tips that always work for you? (I think this is a dumb question so I'm trading it for my own.)

New 25. What makes you feel most alive? (Hey, great question, so glad you asked!) I feel most alive when I'm talking about what Jesus has done for me, when I'm listening to someone and really see them -- the amazing person they are, when I'm playing the piano.

26. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
 Do laundry.

27. Coffee or tea? Both. Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon.


28. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed? I withdraw to a quiet place, sit down with God, pour out my heart, listen, read what He has to say, and let Him love on me. 


29. What is the meaning of your name? "Angela" - Messenger of God, "Faye" - Fairy

30. Which other blogs do you love visiting?
 See my sidebar.

31. Favorite Dessert/Sweet? Anything with chocolate

32. Favorite Season?
 I like them all -- there's beauty in each season.

33. If I come to your house now, what would you cook for me? Thai food

34. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
 I think it's good to let them know how what they're doing is affecting you. But if they continue, I would put distance in the relationship.

35. How do you calm yourself down when you are agitated or angry?
 I tell God about it, give Him my anger, and make the decision to trust Him with this. Since anger is a secondary emotion, usually there's something deeper going on, like I'm hurt or afraid. When I get a chance, I pray about it, ask Him for wisdom and clarity, and write my thoughts out to discover the real issue. Then we talk about it and I usually end up with truth, freedom and peace. :)

36.Who is the modern ideal girl..the one who knows how to shop, dress and enjoy or the one who is simple but manages the house, kids and herself well?

The modern ideal girl is one who is comfortable in her own skin, who has a clear sense of who she is and gets her identity from how God sees her, and who can focus on loving others because she is secure in His love for her.


(Whew! I'm done!)

Now who should I pass on this tag to? Hmmn, I'm thinking Becky and Ellie.
Ladies, I can't wait to read your answers! Have fun!



3 comments:

KarenLana said...

Hey Ang,

I love that your name means "Messenger of God".

I learned a lot about you from the list. I didn't know you could play the piano! How cool that you want to learn Romanian and Portuguese. And DJ is your fave magazine?

I can't believe you like Jackie Chan movies too! (Evan can't stand them). Oh and how could I have forgotten to list Pride & Prejudice, Julie & Julia (although I liked the Julia parts best), Narnia, LOTH and Princess Bride (Inconceivable! Anybody want a peanut?) and old classics. We should watch movies sometime.

You are a fun and interesting person and I'm glad to know you.

PS I wanna see that Tinkerbell dress sometime missy!

Shilo said...

It was fun to get to know you a bit! :) Have a great weekend!
Shilo

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Good grief! Got my work cut out for me here, that's a lot of questions! lol...guess I'd better get started...fun to read your answers, btw!