Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Praising


Praise the LORD.

Praise, O servants of the LORD; praise the name of the LORD.
Let the name of the LORD be praised, both now and forevermore.
From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised.

The LORD is exalted over all the nations, his glory above the heavens.
Who is like the LORD our God, the One who sits enthroned on high, who stoops down to look on the heavens and the earth?
He raises the poor from the dust, and lifts the needy from the ash heap.

Psalm 113:1-7



Some days are spent in dust and ashes.  But looking up and seeing His face, seeing His glory changes everything.  The sight of Him fills my heart with wonder.  His grace and holiness cleansing my dusty soul, refreshing my spirit.

Who is like the LORD our God!


In worship,


1 comment:

Billy Coffey said...

I used to wonder why I had to endure those days in dust and ashes. I've since discovered it's just so I can look up and see his face.

Lovely scripture.