Monday, September 27, 2010

Filtered Light

Sometimes the sun gets blocked.  There are only glimpses of light shining through.  Often I find myself frustrated, wanting to know more, wanting wide open spaces where I can see everything laid out in front, making it easier to control.  Or so it seems.

But control is an illusion and God loves me too much to lay such a  heavy burden on me.  So He gives light for one step only, just for today.  And when I relax and trust Him, I begin to see the beauty of filtered light.  


Resting in these gifts. . .


326.  Roses blooming outside my kitchen window.
327.  Enduring and faithful promises that hold true day after day, year after year.
328.  Encouraging words from saints of long ago
329.  Food in my pantry and fridge
330.  Being reminded that the most important things in life are invisible
331.  Affectionate hugs from my kids
332.  Clean dishes
333.  Tiramisu 
334.  Smiles from a kindred spirit
335.  Joy that bubbles up in a heart at rest.


"The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever."  Isaiah 32.17




holy experience

2 comments:

Traci Michele said...

Beautiful List Angela! I love your analgoy of the limited light! Beautiful! Blessings, Traci

-t- said...

330. Being reminded that the most important things in life are invisible
:)
334. Smiles from a kindred spirit
so wonderful to receive a smile from one of the house of Joseph :}

335. Joy that bubbles up in a heart at rest.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29

Rest :)

His blessings as you trust Him for light one step at a time,
-t-