Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A repost


I was meandering through some older posts and ran into this one.  It's a favorite.  Anything about grace tends to capture my attention.  Because I need to think about this again, I'm reposting. . .

Sunday morning, my pastor used a phrase that captured my attention.
He said we live in "an atmosphere of grace."  

Atmosphere of Grace
This is more than just a cool phrase.
What does this mean?
What does it look like?
How does it feel?

Quite honestly, I'm still trying to understand this concept.  
But I know it's true.  This is something God has been impressing on me for a while. 

This is reality:  I live in grace.

After spending years in performance-based religion, an atmosphere of grace sounds so inviting.  Like you can lean back, relax, let go of fear and just be yourself.  
It's safe.  No one is going to get mad at you and reject you for failing.  Your immaturities and imperfections are noticed, but not magnified.  You are loved through them. You are seen wearing His righteousness.

You are trusted.  You are believed in.  Your life matters.  

"In Him we live and move and have our being."  Acts 17:28

Living in an atmosphere of grace is really just living in Jesus, because He is grace.  
But the "living in" part is what I'm slowly discovering.  Not mere words or abstract ideas, but what it truly means in the daily reality of my life.  I want to understand what it looks like, how it works.  I want to see and touch it, to experience this fully.

If you have experienced this, then I invite you to share your stories of what living in grace looks like to you and how it's affecting your life.

 Wondering,

2 comments:

Pierre said...

I understand the struggle to accept His grace. I've started to live in it, but old ways of thinking die hard. See "God and Me" on my blog. The drawing is of me throughout the years.

KarenLana said...

A beautiful post my friend! Thanks for sharing it. =)