Monday, April 25, 2011

Alive


Easter Sunday was more meaningful for me this year because my 88 year old grandmother was preparing to cross over to Heaven.  She'd been in ICU battling pneumonia with complications for nearly a week.  Most of the family was there, saying their goodbyes.  I spoke mine over the phone from 5 states away.

Early in the morning, my kids and I headed to the beach for our Easter tradition of watching the sun rise, eating Dunkin Donuts, and reading the Resurrection story.  I sat on the mat while my kids played in the waves, remembering her life and legacy, and thinking how comforting it is to know that she is going to live with Jesus, the One who made all this possible.  


There is sadness mixed with hope.


"I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in me will live, even though he dies."  John 11:25



No comments: