Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am not a car person. I mean, I like cars. Sure enjoy driving them. But I've never wanted to be bothered with the mechanical side of things. It's kind of intimidating.

Several months ago, I got a flat tire outside of a Goodyear store. (See Tires in April posts for the story about Carlos, my Goodyear angel.) That was when I discovered that I needed new tires.

So I started praying for God to provide. Almost every time I left the house, I prayed over those tires and asked the Lord to hold them together until I could get new ones. And He did.

Then today He provided new tires through the generosity of some really awesome friends.

Look at that tire. Isn't it just beautiful? I am so incredibly thankful! This is how God takes care of us.

Thank you, Lord, for answering my prayers. You are amazing!

I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.
The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.
The LORD protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.
Be at rest, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you
Psalm 116:1,2,5-7




1 comment:

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Wow!!!! So happy for your new tires!!! PTL for friends who care, eh? It's amazing how many details need to be 'covered' in our lives, isn't there? So glad that our God cares about each one of them!