Monday, March 7, 2011
I remember hearing Jesus called the Lily of the Valley when I was a child. I always pictured that flower as a large white lily, like an Easter lily. It was a surprise to me to discover these flowers are such tiny, delicate beauties. Even more surprising was how fragrant they are being so small and unassuming.
I love how God comes alongside us in so many small, ordinary ways, bringing His gifts of love, winning our trust and affection by caring about those little details of our lives.
Thanking Him for these small and treasured gifts:
266. Watching a movie with my kids.
267. Joey Jr. burritos at Moe's
268. Fragrance of spring blossoms on the evening breeze.
269. Little books packed with deep truth.
270. A quiet, restful weekend spent doing very little.
271. Cup of coffee on the front patio, listening to the birds, feeling the morning sunshine.
272. A clean kitchen floor
273. Listening to my girl singing worship songs
274. Considerate words from a friend.
275. A package in the mail.
"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD,
and to seek Him in His temple."