Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Randon Things About Me

I got tagged on Facebook with people wanting to know 25 random things about me. So I thought I would share them on here as well.

And in case you wondered, I'm doing a whole lot better -- enjoying life, optimistic, light-hearted. (Thanks, Lord. You're a great encourager!)

1. Favorite color -- blue.
2. Favorite flavor -- chocolate.
3. Favorite movies -- Princess Bride, Lord of the Rings, anything with Cary Grant.
4. Favorite activity -- hanging out with people I love.
5. I want to go skydiving some day.
6. My cell phone is a Louisiana number, my address is in Florida, and my heart is in Phoenix.
7. I'm wondering who came up with the magic number of "25" random things. Do people really want to know that much about me? How about 10 -- that's more doable? (Oh, no. I can see it now. I'll be getting comments for wimping out. Okay. I give in. I'll keep racking my brain for 18 more things to say. I hope you're happy!)
8. One of my favorite books is "Streams in the Desert" by Mrs. Charles Cowman. What a blessing that book has been for the past several years!
9. I've been rear-ended 3 times. (No, I wasn't driving too slow! It happened at stop lights, I'll have you know!)
10. I love Thai food.
11. I'd like to learn Italian, and French, and Romanian -- maybe some German. Right now I'll stick with brushing up on my Spanish.
12. I thoroughly enjoyed watching "Long Way Round" with Ewin McGregor and Charley Borman. What an adventure!
13. I'm terrible at mental math, but ask me how a word is spelled and I can probably help you out.
14. I don't get bored. Ever. Lonely, yes. But not bored.
15. I like going to restaurants where reading the menu makes your mouth water with anticipation. Someday for fun, I'd like to write menus.
16. Both my children were born in Arkansas -- same hospital, same room, same wallpaper, same doctor. (I noticed the wallpaper during labor. What else was I going to look at waiting for a contraction to subside?)
17. I'm really in the mood for arepas con queso. Maybe we'll have some tonight.
18. I've served on a jury. I was Juror Number 5. I voted "not guilty".
19. I love coffee. It's part of my heritage. Must be all those times picking coffee beans at the dorm. I think I really bonded with coffee in those days. :) It was either then or all those mornings at home when my mom would bring us cafe con leche saying, "Morning's on the leavin's. Rise and shine!) Good times, good times.
20. Oh, yeah. I'm an MK. Born in Ohio, raised in Colombia.
21. I have a tattoo. I got it for my 34th birthday. A friend took me to a seedy tattoo parlor in downtown Phoenix. A guy named Pork Chop did the honors. Yes, it hurt! I stared at the wall and prayed for Pork Chop while "Poltergeist 3" played on the TV in the corner. Thanks, Pork Chop! You did an excellent job! Seriously! (Wonder how he's doing these days?)
22. One of these days, I'm going to learn to tango. (It's the Spanish in me, I think.) In the meantime, I embarrass my kids dancing around the house. They'll get over it.
23. My favorite flower is a gardenia. Then carnations, then roses. I also like lilies of the valley. Lilacs too.
24. One of my scariest moments in life was running through the jungle (age 15) with Nadine and Mindy Gleaves during rainy season convinced that Marxist guerrillas were coming to get us. It was a good thing that wasn't the case. But I had never been so scared before in my life. Psalm 91 came alive to me that night.
25. And the final random thing about me is....(drum roll, please!)...one of my favorite places to relax is the beach.

2 comments:

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Doesn't it make a great post?! And, you kill two birds with one stone, so to speak...

Anonymous said...

I dance in front of my kids too..they get REALLY embarrased!! They get over it too!!